Halo Infinite's Craig Has A Fan In Xbox's Phil Spencer
The Halo Infinite gameplay reveal showed off many aspects of the Xbox Series X launch title, including its large world, grapple hook, and back-to-basics combat design. But it also showed off a visual engine that a lot of fans were not impressed by, which has been exemplified by “Craig”, the Brute whose deadpan expression has become a gaming meme for the ages. 343 Industries ran with the meme, poking fun at the screenshot while Microsoft assured players the game would improve before its launch this holiday season. But even the higher-level executives seem to enjoy the lovable Brute.
Xbox boss Phil Spencer has given his thoughts on the meme, and he seems to see the funny side of it. Asked by a fan for his take, Spencer called Craig “our new official Xbox mascot.”
Continuing on, Spencer cited Craig as a great example of the creativity of the Xbox community. You can view the tweet below.
Considering all of this, we expect Craig will be somehow canonized in the final release–be on the look out for the inevitable Easter egg in the final release.
Halo Infinite will be the platform for Halo going forward, developer 343 Industries has said. Details about the game’s multiplayer have started to emerge too, and it turns out it’ll be fully free-to-play.
- Halo Infinite's Multiplayer Will Be Free-To-Play And Run At 120 FPS
- Halo Infinite – Everything You Need To Know
- Halo Infinite Visuals Will Get "Better And Better" Leading Up To Launch, Says Microsoft
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer Makes Grappling Hook A Pickup, 4-Player Split-Screen Confirmed
- Halo Infinite Is A Platform For The Next Ten Years Of Halo
- Halo Infinite Gameplay Debuts At Xbox Series X Stream
- Xbox Games Showcase Livestream With Pre and Post Show (July 2020)
- Halo Infinite Box Art Is An Homage To The Original Classic
- Xbox Boss Teases Big Changes To Halo Infinite "Structure"
- Halo Infinite Art Book Pre-Orders Now Available
Source: Read Full Article