Doom Eternal Update 2 Now Live With New Battle Mode Map And More
Developer id Software has announced that Update 2 for Doom Eternal is now live on PC, PlayStation 4, Stadia, and Xbox One. The lengthy patch notes show a bevy of additions and changes made to Doom Eternal.
The most notable is the brand-new Battle Mode map, Torrent. Once occupied by UAC and now home to eternal prisoners, Torrent is a marsh-covered location that features long hallways and various platforms.
In addition to the new map, Battle Mode has been given some quality-of-life improvements to enhance stability. This includes latency adjustments to ensure smoother matches, adding keybinding support for each individual demon, fixing various other issues like missing audio, and more.
There are other changes made to Doom Eternal in Update 2 that are outside of Battle Mode. For example, empowered demons will appear more frequently throughout the campaign with Update 2. However, should that prove to be too difficult, empowered demons can be turned off in the Game tab within the Main Menu options. Photo Mode has also been improved with a “nice beefy lighting overhaul.”
Besides the bevy of balance tweaks, id Software shared details about Doom Eternal’s next mini-event, Castle Grayscale. The event, which runs until July 2, lets you unlock two skins, a nameplate, and three icons by completing in-game challenges. Id said this mini-event was “designed to be completed in a shorter amount of time” in order to prepare players for Doom Eternal’s next major event, Hack to the Future 2.
In other Doom Eternal news, Bethesda senior vice president of global marketing and communications Pete Hines revealed in a podcast how Fallout 76’s poor reception affected Doom Eternal. Hine admitted that the way the community received Fallout 76 is what led Bethesda to delay Doom Eternal, ensuring id Software had the extra time to squash any bugs that might damper the experience. “Doom Eternal was so much better for [the delay], and the response to Wastelanders was so much better for the extra time,” Hines said.
Full Doom Eternal Update 2 Patch Notes
New Battle Mode Map:
- Castle Grayscale Mini-event: June 25-July 2.
- Hack to the Future II: Coming Soon.
New Game Improvements For All Platforms:
- Even more empowered demons.
- Battle Mode latency improvements.
- Boosters menu improvements.
- Photo Mode improvements.
- New “Favorite” for customization items.
- The customization menu now shows you an item’s origins.
- Custom keybinds for every demon.
- Fixed a number of exploits in the campaign that would allow the player to climb outside the maps.
- Fixed pinned Weekly Challenges. Previously, if you pinned a weekly challenge and it expired, it stayed pinned.
- Fixed a number of graphical issues in the campaign where parts of the environment would temporarily pop in and out of view.
- Fixed an issue on the Mission Select menu where secrets were not properly displaying as completed.
- Fixed an issue where the Crucible would consume more ammunition than intended in some situations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Party Mode cheat code from activating properly.
- Fixed an issue with the Chaingun Energy Shield mod in Battle Mode that prevented The Slayer from taking damage from any angle while active instead of just the front.
- Fixed an issue in Battle Mode that causes the Carcass shield to not play sound on activation.
- Fixed an issue in Battle Mode where demon players wouldn’t hear the Arbalest charging in some situations.
- Fixed a rare issue in Battle Mode where the Marauder’s wolf summon ability would become stuck on cooldown.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating the social and settings menus while the on-screen keyboard was active.
- Fixed an issue in Battle Mode where power up pop-up text failed to display for Russian players.
- Fixed a crash in Battle Mode on the post-match screen in private matches.
- Fixed an issue that would allow the Energy Shield mod to remain active permanently after being destroyed by a rocket barrage.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Archvile players from activating the Flame Wall ability in some certain situations.
- Fixed an issue in Battle Mode that would cause projectiles from the Prowler, Cacodemon, Baron of Hell, and Arachnotron to remain suspended in midair.
- Fixed an issue in Battle Mode that caused the Marauder’s dash to not play sound for other players.
- Using the Super Shotgun’s flaming Meathook on shield soldiers now correctly generates armor shards.
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the player to exit the map when rapidly melee attacking the Khan Maykr.
- Fixed an issue in Battle Mode that would cause damage indicators to persist on-screen after respawning.
- Fixed an issue while hosting a party that could prevent the host from chatting or queuing after suspending the title.
- Fixed a control lock that occurred when entering photo mode during a glory kill.
- Issue: I’m not brought into a party after accepting an invitation when my game is suspended on Xbox One. Is there anything I can do about this?
- Resolution: This is a known issue that will be resolved in a future update. In the interim, please avoid accepting party invites when the game is suspended on Xbox One.
- Issue: I’m seeing connectivity and lag issues for online gameplay while using a VPN. Is there anything I can do about this?
- Resolution: Doom Eternal does not support VPN use for online gameplay.
- Issue: I am no longer able to access Master Levels from the Fortress of Doom after installing Update 2. Is there anything I can do about this?
- Resolution: This is a known issue that we will resolve in a future update. In the interim, please access the Master Levels form the Main Menu.
GameSpot has officially kicked off Play For All–a celebration of all things gaming. Join us as we bring you the summer’s hottest news, previews, interviews, features, and videos, as well as raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts and Black Lives Matter with the help of our friends from around the gaming world. Check out the Play For All schedule for more.
Play For All 2020 News And Events
- GameSpot Play For All Week 4 – What To Expect
- Skate 4 Is Finally Happening
- Star Wars: Squadrons Gameplay Reveal Shows Dogfighting, Customization
- PS5 Reveal Event: All Games And Console Details Announced
- GameSpot's Play For All: Here's How To Donate
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article
Fixes For All Platforms:
Fixes For PC Only:
Fixes For PS4 Only:
Fixes For Xbox One Only: