Subnautica: Below Zero – How To Get The Rebreather
The Rebreather is an important item in Subnautica: Below Zero, considering you spend most of your time underwater in this game. It’s great to pick up early on and makes a huge difference to how easy it is to explore all the biomes in Below Zero.
Don’t worry, the Rebreather really isn’t difficult to find when you know where to look. The spot is located not far from where your Drop Pod lands. You’ll need just a couple of items to grab it, and you can even get the Habitat Builder fragment while you’re at it.
Where To Find The Rebreather Fragment In Below Zero
The Rebreather is a very important item. It will reduce the Oxygen penalty you experience when swimming below 100 meters. This is something you should prioritize early in the game.
Finding the Rebreather fragment is simple, and you only need to find a single blueprint fragment to craft it. The best place to find the fragment is as follows:
- Head about 300 meters South-Southwest from the Drop Pod, depending on which of the three locations you spawned in at the beginning of the game.
- You’re looking for the Twisty Bridges biome. More info on this biome in a second.
- Dive down around 150-170 meters. Begin searching for Tech Sites in the caves and bridges of the biome.
- The exact location of the Tech Site that includes the Rebreather is -371, -171, -318.
General Info About The Twisty Bridges Biome
The Twisty Bridges biome is one of the first you’ll encounter in the game, especially if you’re prioritizing continuing the story at Delta Island. It’s not a bad choice to build your first base close to the Twisty Bridges biome.
Generally, the Twisty Bridges is pretty noob-friendly, although on your mission to retrieve the Rebreather fragment there are some things to keep in mind:
- Brute Sharks – These aggressive creatures do swim around the Twisty Bridges biome. Don’t get too close. It’s a good idea to come prepared with the Swimming Fins and Seaglide.
- Running Out Of Oxygen – The Rebreather is located beneath that 100 meter limit for the Oxygen Penalty. This means you can run out quite quickly. Bring some Bladder Fish in case you get lost, and keep your eyes open for Oxygen Plants.
- Ribbon Plants And Argentite Outcrops – It’s worth looking out for Ribbon Plants (there are loads in the Twisty Bridges biome) which are used to craft Batteries. Likewise, Argentite Outcrops appear on the edges of the caves and tunnels, ideal for picking up Titanium and Silver.
How To Craft The Rebreather
Once you’ve collected the Rebreather fragment, you can craft it at a Fabricator, and you’ll need:
- 1 Wiring Kit
- 1 Silicone Rubber
- 1 Fiber Mesh
The Wiring Kit is available to be crafted after you’ve built a Standard O2 tank. It requires two Silver Ore, which is helpfully located in the Argentite Outcrops around the Twisty Bridges.
Silicone Rubber is unlocked as soon as you step foot inside the Drop Pod for the first time. It is crafted with Creepvine Seed Clusters, located in the Arctic Kelp biome.
Fiber Mesh is crafted with Creepvine Samples, also acquired from the Arctic Kelp biome. This makes the Arctic Kelp a crucial biome to visit first at the beginning of the game.
Source: Read Full Article