Spoiler-free hints to help solve Wordle 485 on October 17
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
While Monday might not be your favourite day of the week, the good news is that there’s a brand new Wordle teaser to sink your teeth into. Perfect for the commute to work, or to play during your lunch break, Wordle tasks players with figuring out a five letter word in six guesses. It’s not as easy as it sounds, especially when you have a word like Wordle 485, which is proving especially tricky. If you need help solving today’s Wordle for October 17, simply head to the bottom of the page for the latest selection of spoiler-free hints and clues.
The key to solving Wordle puzzles is to pay close attention to the colour of the tiles after you make a guess.
If the tile turns grey, then the letter you’ve guessed doesn’t appear in the final word. If it turns yellow, then the letter appears in the word, just not in that position. A green tile means the letter is in the word and in the correct place.
An addictive game with a huge following, Wordle has spawned dozens of clones, including a Lord of the Rings themed version, a musical variant called Heardle, and a hardcore version called Quordle.
If you’re not great with words, then you might prefer something like daily maths-based puzzle Nerdle, where the aim is to figure out a mystery equation.
Anyway, if you’re here for Wordle 485 hints, check out the latest clues for the October 17 puzzle below…
Wordle: Susie Dent discusses popular online word game
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess. If you really want to become a Wordle master, these are four of the best starting words to use.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 485 hints and clues for October 17…
1. Wordle 485 starts with the letter S.
2. Wordle 485 contains two vowels.
3. You deserve a beer if you can solve this one.
Source: Read Full Article