Rockstar Games news: GTA Online weekly update and GTA 6 release latest
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Rockstar Games has been linked to several big Grand Theft Auto projects, while the famous studio remains muted on its future plans.
Rumours of remastered trilogies and cancelled games have been swirling around the studio, with gamers still waiting to find out more about the GTA 6 release date.
Technically still an unannounced, the next Grand Theft Auto game is guaranteed to hit shelves for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC.
The only problems is we don’t know when this might happen, with the latest reports suggesting GTA 6 might not arrive until 2022.
While we don’t know what Rockstar Games has planned for Grand Theft Auto in the future, we do know about the most recent GTA Online update.
Out now across all compatible platforms, this week’s GTA patch includes a new vehicle as well as a refreshed list of bonuses and in-game money rewards.
The Vetir is available now from Warstock Cache & Carry and includes plenty of room to transport your squad in, with a starting price set at $1,222,500.
A new treasure hunt is also available this week, which challenges gamers to find ten caches hidden around the map.
“Intrepid treasure-hunters and seafarers who manage to scour the ocean floor for 10 Hidden Caches this week will get a reward to the tune of GTA$100,000 next week. Hop in an Avisa or Toreador, turn on your Sonar, and get hunting. There’s also scuba gear available in your Kosatka for those who prefer to get hands-on.”
Highlights from this week’s other rewards and bonuses include the following:
- Double GTA$ & RP in the Diamond Adversary Series
- Triple GTA$ & RP in Mobile Operations Missions
- A GTA$100,000 bonus for players who collect 10 Hidden Caches from the ocean floor this week (to be received next week)
- A free Santo Capra Patterns Sweater for completing the Cayo Perico Heist finale
- The Grotti Cheetah Classic sportscar is this week’s top prize at the Lucky Wheel
- 25% off the Kosatka Submarine and its Upgrades, Mods & Customizations
- 40% off the Mobile Operations Center, plus 30% off the MOC Weapon & Vehicle Workshop
- Additional Vehicle Discounts: 40% off the Cargobob, plus 30% off the Nagasaki Stryder and Ocelot Ardent
- Prime Gaming Bonuses: Players who connect their Social Club account with Prime Gaming will get the Kosatka Submarine’s Sonar Station for free, plus a GTA$200K bonus for playing any time this week
- Prime Gaming Discounts: 80% off the Pegassi Osiris and 70% off the Progen PR4.
GTA Online: Rockstar Games tease The Cayo Perico Heist
GTA Online remains the only Grand Theft Auto getting regular new content, with GTA 6 not expected to arrive until at least 2022.
And while many gamers have been left frustrated by having to wait so long, the delay in release might come to be seen as a strength among investors and gamers alike.
A new report from Seeking Alpha points out that while other high-profile launches have seen troubles, Rockstar Games’ extended development time could be seen as a good sign of a finished product.
This could lead to the GTA 6 release date beginning a new phase in growth for the Grand Theft Auto franchise, that could even put GTA 5 in the shade.
The report adds: “Take-Two’s focus on quality should pay off massively with its next GTA release. GTA 6 will likely shatter GTA 5’s already astronomical sales figures given how much more popular the franchise has become since GTA 5 was released.
“Moreover, Cyberpunk 2077’s sales success (13 million copies in two weeks) despite its massive issues showcases the general demand for a compelling open world game.
“Given the advancements in computing technology, the growth of gaming, and Rockstar’s resources, it would not be surprising to see GTA 6 blow past even GTA 5 sales figures.”
Source: Read Full Article