Monster Hunter World update: MHW Iceborne Alatreon release time and patch news
PS4 and Xbox One gamers will soon have access to a brand new Monster Hunter World update that will bring fresh challenges to the game.
July 8 will see the release of the MHW Iceborne Alatreon, among other new content.
However, It should be noted that while this new Monster Hunter World patch includes a number of new things, not everything will be available on launch day.
This means that while the Frostfang Barioth will be added to the game on July 9, it won’t be available to face in the wild until August.
Here’s what we know about the upcoming MHW release, coming July 9 on PS4 and Xbox One.
MONSTER HUNTER WORLD UPDATE NEWS
As revealed by developers Capcom, Monster Hunter World Iceborne title update 4 is scheduled to launch on July 8, 2020.
This release will be limited to PS4 and Xbox One, with a PC launch coming in the future.
The Monster Hunter World update release time has also been announced and will be scheduled for 5:00pm PDT, on July 8.
For gamers in the UK, the MHW patch will arrive a little later on July 9, at around 1:00am BST on all platforms.
Details on the new Monster Hunter World update can be found below, including news on the new encounters coming to the game in the coming weeks:
- Known as a symbol of destruction, people fear even uttering its name. It’s rumored to control all of the elements, but most, if not all, records of its existence have been burned.
- Take on the new special assignment to face the newly discovered Alatreon.
- The special assignment for Alatreon can be accepted by talking to the Third Fleet Master once you have finished the Recon Assignment after the ending of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
- A remarkable monster that can change its element at will. As it cycles through different elemental modes, its attacks and weaknesses will change, too!
- You can mitigate the damage Alatreon’s powerful shockwave does by attacking it with an effective element.
- You can also use healing items during the shockwave, so be sure to get your Dust of Life and other restorative items ready.
Alatreon Hunter Armor
- All-new weapons and armor to craft from Alatreon materials.
- Alatreon’s entire hide is composed of “reverse scales”, which are the inspiration for its armour’s design.
- Each weapon features a purple glow at the core of each of design.
MHW FROSTFANG BARIOTH
A Barioth variant capable of spewing a sub-zero breath attack that it uses to slow down prey. Be careful, as this attack can freeze you as well.
- Event Quest: “The Last White Knight”
- Conditions: MR 24 or higher
- Locale: Hoarfrost Reach
- Objective: Hunt a Frostfang Barioth
Appears in this quest as a tempered monster. Breaking both of its fangs will weaken its frosty breath. If flinched, it may shoot out a breath of ice upon recovering.
Source: Read Full Article