Interactive Horror Film I Saw Black Clouds Arrives On March 30
I Saw Black Clouds, a new interactive horror film from Wales Interactive and Ghost Dog Films, starring Nicole O’Neill (Penny Dreadful, Rachel Jackson (Outlander) and Larry Rew (Avatar), is scheduled to be released for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on March 30 .
The Steam description of the interactive film reads, “I Saw Black Clouds is an interactive psychological thriller with supernatural elements and branching storylines. How you connect with the characters and the moral choices you make along the way will affect what you discover, the journey you take, and the resolution you find at the end.”
I Saw Black Clouds, which will be launched with backwards compatibility for next-gen consoles, with PS5 and Xbox Series X|S releases set for a later date, follows Kristina, who returns to her hometown in search of answers following the unexpected death of a close friend. As she begins to uncover a series of dark secrets, she must choose from multiple paths that will affect the story’s development and its outcome.
I Saw Black Clouds includes the following features:
- A live-action, cinematic interactive psychological thriller, filmed in the UK.
- A diverging narrative that changes the story depending on the path taken.
- Real-time Relationship Status Tracking that impacts the story as its played.
- Real-time Personality Trait Tracking that evolves based on the player’s choices.
- Unlockable features include Skip Scene and Personality Assessment.
- A Streamer Mode that pauses the choices for audience participation during live streams.
Wales Interactive, an indie game developer and publisher based in Pencoed, Wales, was established in 2011 by Dr David Banner MBE and Richard Pring. The studio is best known for Late Shift, The Bunker, Don’t Knock Twice and The Shapeshifting Detective.
Last year, the studio released Maid of Sker, a first-person survival horror game for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and the Xbox One, on July 28. The game, set in 1898 in the Sker Hotel, on a fictional island called Sker Island, features Thomas Evans, who is invited by his lover, Elisabeth Williams, to discover the truth behind her family’s strange behavior.
Source: Read Full Article