Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes, server downtime, Galactus invasion, item shop changes
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Fortnite fans are getting ready for update 14.60, as Galactus makes his way closer to the Battle Royale island.
Fortnite update 14.60 has a November 18 release date on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Android.
The new Fortnite update launches alongside a period of server downtime, which begins at 9am GMT in the UK.
There’s no official schedule for when server maintenance comes to an end, but Fortnite should be back online at 11am GMT at the latest.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a possible hint that Galactus is about to make an appearance in Battle Royale.
“The Nexus War continues! reads an Epic tweet. “The v14.60 update arrives November 18. Downtime will start at approx. 4 AM ET (09:00 UTC).”
It’s worth pointing out that the Xbox Series X/Xbox One update dropped early, and weighs in at around 3GB.
Express Online has downloaded and installed the update, which appears to have changed the item shop back to its previous design. Whether this is intentional or not remains to be seen, as Epic is currently investigating the implications of the early release.
“The 14.60 Xbox update (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) has unexpectedly deployed early. We are investigating implications and will provide updates as soon as we can.”
In terms of official patch notes, Epic Games doesn’t have too many bug fixes planned for update 14.60, unless it manages to find solutions to some of the problems under investigation.
One thing we can be certain of is that the new update will lay the foundations for the end of season event, which is expected to take place in the next couple of weeks.
This means Galactus should make an appearance in the game, most likely in the War Room.
Fans were also hoping the new update would add the Joker skin and Last Laugh Bundle to the game, although Epic has since confirmed that the cosmetics will be available from the item shop in December. (Customers who pre-ordered the bundle via download code can access the contents now.)
Elsewhere, Epic is expected to introduce new limited time events to the game, new skins, new challenges and more social surprises.
You can see the current 14.60 patch notes and known issues below…
Fortnite update 14.60 confirmed patch notes for Battle Royale, Creative, Save the World…
• Disabled voice chat cannot be re-enabled on Xbox Series X|S.
– Disabling Voice Chat puts it in a state where it cannot be re-enabled to speak with friends on Xbox Series X|S.
• Team Size setting does not properly function when Join In Progress is set to Join Next Round.
– Team Size does not properly limit the number of players when join in progress is set to Join Next Round.
• Wild West Llama not granting Steampunk weapon.
– Wild West Llamas may not have Steampunk / Wild West items in them. It’s recommended not to purchase them if Steam Punk items are not shown in the X-Ray Llama contents.
Fortnite update 14.60 Battle Royale issues in development/investigated…
• Matchmaking doesn’t start if unreadied player leaves early.
– Players will have to reform their party to continue matchmaking if an unreadied party member is removed from the party.
• Cars not always dealing damage on impact.
– Cars do not consistently damage objects or players upon impact.
• Huntress Outfit appearing as Ramirez or another Outfit.
– We’re investigating an issue that is causing the Huntress Outfit to display as Ramirez or another Outfit while in the Lobby and in a match.
• Cannot get to Presets in Party Royale Phone Booth when previewing an Outfit, Back Bling, or Wrap.
– Players in a Party Royale Phone Booth cannot load or save Locker Presets when previewing an Outfit, Back Bling, or Wrap.
• Widow’s Light Back Bling is not visible with Effects set to Low.
– We’re aware of an issue causing the Widow’s Light Back Bling to be invisible when Effects are set to low under graphic settings on PC.
Fortnite update 14.60 General issues in development/investigated…
• Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
– When playing Fortnite, players cannot create system-level parties that include players on both PS5 and PS4.
• Fortnite purchases from EU PSN accounts not appearing properly on PS5.
– Fortnite purchases from EU PSN accounts are not appearing properly on PS5. (This includes PSN accounts in Australia and New Zealand.)
• Difficulty editing Banner with a controller.
– The Banner menu may be unresponsive to controller inputs, causing players to have difficulty editing their Banner with a controller.
• Bash Burner Pickaxe temporarily disabled in competitive playlists.
– We’re aware of an issue with the Bash Burner Pickaxe’s harvesting animation and have disabled the Pickaxe in competitive playlists. We’ll be fixing the animation in a future update.
• Banner icon not updating properly.
– The Banner menu may not properly apply players’ icon changes, instead saving a different icon than what the player chose.
• Characters covered in blue light in the Lobby.
– Characters may be covered in blue light when in the Lobby, making the surface of the characters all blue.
• Sound effect audio delay.
– The sound effect of certain actions, such as opening a Chest or hitting a Weak Point, may be delayed.
Source: Read Full Article