Fortnite 24.30 patch notes, downtime, Anakin Skywalker Star Wars skin
Fortnite fans are counting down to the release of update 24.30 on PS4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Android and Nintendo Switch. The Star Wars-themed Fortnite update has a May 2 release date on consoles and PC. As a major update, version 24.30 will launch alongside an extended period of server downtime, beginning at 8am BST for fans living in the UK. Matchmaking will be disabled at 7.30am BST, while downtime is expected to end at around 10am.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a teaser about what to expect once the update goes live.
“Find the Force in v24.30!” reads an Epic Games tweet. “Downtime begins at 3AM ET and matchmaking will be disabled shortly before.”
As you can see from the tweet above, update 24.30 will feature brand new Star Wars content, including the previously announced Anakin Skywalker skin.
Launching in time for Star Wars Day on May 4th, the Anakin skin will be joined by another costume from the popular movie series.
That’s on top of new Force Mythics, the return of Lightsabers, blasters, challenges and lots more.
Epic Games will also use the update to fix numerous bugs and gameplay glitches, which you can see in the patch notes below.
Fortnite: Trailer for Chapter 4 shows off new map
Fortnite update 24.30 patch notes…
• Some Back Bling’s appear to float and appear detached from the Highwire outfit
– Some Back Blings do not sit against the back of the Highwire outfit and instead appear to be floating.
• Trunks and branches of some trees move erratically
– Some players using Performance mode on PC or playing on Android may notice that trunks and branches of trees are moving.
• Infinite Dab isn’t infinite in the Lobby
– The ‘Infinite Dab’ emote does not loop for hours and hours when performed in the Lobby. This critical issue will be fixed in a future game update.
• Multiple outfits may appear shiny/glossy
– Multiple outfits, including Bunny Brawler, Rust Lord and Elite Agent may appear shiny/glossy.
BATTLE ROYALE FIXES
• Large Rocks on the Battle Royale Island are not providing as many materials when Harvested compared before v24.20.
– We’re aware of reports that Large Rocks on the Battle Royale Island are not providing as many materials when Harvested compared before v24.20.
• Damage not taken in Creative edit mode
– Player cannot take damage in Creative edit mode regardless of invulnerability settings.
MOBILE AND CLOUD FIXES
• The Cobra DMR’s scope may not display correctly
– When looking through the scope of the Cobra DMR players may find the view is cut off.
• The Katana’s Dash ability may be missing for some players
– Some players on Android devices may find they are missing the dash button to use the Katana’s dash ability.
Source: Read Full Article