Destiny 2 event time: D2 Live event update and Beyond Light patch latest
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
A new Destiny 2 live event is currently available in-game ahead of the big Beyond Light update releasing on November 10.
As many Guardians will already know, Bungie doesn’t go in for the large-scale bonanzas witnessed in Fortnite Battle Royale.
However, there is still plenty of interest seeing what’s happening in Destiny just before the launch of Beyond Light.
The Destiny 2 Live Event is pretty low-key and can be viewed by visiting the Tower.
Game director Luke Smith cleared up any mystery surrounding it, telling fans on Twitter: “We have a small event to close out Season of Arrivals.
“We wanted it to be a surprise but an email accidentally mentioned it! It’s nothing too crazy, just a little time to chill in the Tower before the Lights go out.”
Guardians who want to watch the live event need to log in and download a small patch across PS4, Xbox One and PC.
After this has been done, gamers should start to see The Traveler heal itself in the sky, although it’s unclear if anything is going to happen.
Follow up guidance from Bungie adds: “What time should I sign in for the end of season event?
“This is a small event, a moment for you to spend some time with friends as the season comes to a close.
“Key times in the Player Support Report last week. Download your patch at 4PM, jump in before 6:50 PM Pacific.”
So if you live in the UK, you will want to visit The Tower before 3am GMT on November 10, 2020.
Below is a timeline of events:
November 9, 3:30 PM PST (2330 UTC): Background maintenance for Update 188.8.131.52 will begin.
November 9, 4:00 PM PST (0000 UTC): In preparation for downtime, players will be removed from activities and will be required to download a small update before logging in again.
November 9, 6:50 PM PST (0250 UTC): Sign-on for Destiny 2 will be disabled.
November 9, 7:00 PM PST (0300 UTC): Destiny 2 will be brought offline for expected maintenance. Players will be removed from activities and won’t be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST on November 10.
November 10, 9:00 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 184.108.40.206 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
November 10 12:00 PM PDT (2000 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
And below that, we have some early patch notes for this week’s D2 Beyond Light launch, courtesy of Bungie:
Trials of Osiris
- Trials of Osiris Power level requirement increased to 1210.
- Added ADEPT weapons and weapon mods to Flawless chest rewards.
Masterworking an Adept weapon grants additional stats.
- +10 for the primary stat as usual (the specific Masterwork of the weapon).
- +3 for all alternate stats.
- Adept weapons can use either a standard weapon mod or a new Adept weapon mod earned when going Flawless.
- A unique Adept shader has been made for these weapons.
- Note: These shaders are not awarded as a consumable when dismantling an Adept weapon. As such, they cannot be applied to other pieces of gear.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Altar of Flame.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Exodus Blue.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Cauldron.
- Login screens now have a dark background.
- Updated the full-screen menus to have a dark background style.
- Player waypoints now display Season Rank, HUD waypoints.
- Added toggle functionality to the character screen, allowing the player to make a choice between Light and Dark subclasses.
- Character screen visuals updated depending on player choice between Light and Dark.
- Changed selection from “Male” & “Female” to “Masculine” & “Feminine.”
- Guardian head and hair models have been replaced with improved versions.
- Several color swatches have been changed to better represent the applied color.
- Player’s previous head selections are still used.
- Fixed a bug that prevented online friends from showing up in the roster on Stadia for players with more than 100 friends.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented players from earning progress on bounties when joining an activity in progress.
- This most notably impacted Iron Banner bounties and could cause players to have their Artifact Power bonus enabled during Iron Banner matches.
Source: Read Full Article