Call of Duty Modern Warfare update and Cold War Warzone patch news for PS4 and Xbox
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
A new Call of Duty Warzone update is expected to arrive this week, and it could include a surprise new item for Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare gamers.
With Warzone being integrated into Cold War next month, we have a point in time when all three games will be seeing changes connected to the Battle Royale experience.
Tuesday is the normal day when new Modern Warfare and Warzone patches are released, and this could remain the same until December.
We won’t see new weapons from Black Ops Cold War appear in Warzone just yet, but we could see a new item deployed very soon.
Some gamers are reporting finding a new item that will be very familiar to gamers who have been playing a lot of Warzone.
A Bomb Drone has been found in certain private matches, which lives up to its description perfectly.
Gamers have been combining Recon Drones and C4 for some time, and this new item appears to do just that.
Users are interested in the new find, but there are mixed feelings on such a device making it into normal games.
“Wow they literally took a tactic the community used that wasn’t intended and made it part of the game. Cool, but I hate that they went with C4 drones lol
“Yeah my first thought was “I wonder where they got that idea…” I’m pretty impressed they have actually added it as a feature though but I know I’m gonna be p****d if I die to the thing.
“There’s a calling card challenge to kill an enemy with a claymore while you or your teammate is delivering them the claymore with a recon drone for MP.”
It should be noted that this latest item has not been confirmed by Activision, and means it’s not guaranteed to be made available in the future.
But having these new drones appear in one version of Warzone, it seems likely it will eventually make it into the full game.
And if that is going to happen this week, we could see the next Call of Duty Warzone update going live on Tuesday, November 17, 2020.
The progression system for Black Ops Cold War is going to start overlapping with Warzone next month.
Activision has provided a guide on how the new system works before the full player progression starts overlapping with Warzone in Season One, which you can find below:
1. Unlock all your loadout items from Military Rank 1-55. These are designated by various military insignia from a Private to Commander.
2. As soon as you complete Military Rank 55, you earn your first Prestige, which puts you on an all-new levelling track at Season Level 1. To signify this, the icon beside your name changes from a military insignia to the first Prestige Icon.
3. Every 50 levels, you reach a new Prestige, granting you a new Prestige Icon beside your name. There are three total Prestiges for this pre-season over the next four weeks: Prestige at Level 1, Prestige 2 at Level 50, and Prestige 3 at Level 100. In all subsequent seasons, there are four Prestiges to hit at Levels 50, 100, 150, and 200.
4. Every time you achieve a new Prestige Level, you get a new Sticker and Emblem to show off on your weapon and profile respectively. The first time you hit a Prestige in a season, you also get a new Weapon Blueprint. More on that next week.
5. If you reach every Prestige in a season, you become a Prestige Master at Level 200, which changes the color of your Prestige Level and allows you to customize your Prestige Icon. You can also continue levelling up to Level 1,000.
6. Every 50 levels, no matter if you have another Prestige to unlock or not, you receive a Prestige Key, which allows you to unlock a Prestige Icon at the new Prestige Shop to use over your current one. These are from previous Black Ops games that veterans should remember fondly.
7. At the end of each season (or this pre-season), you go back to Season Level 1, but your Prestige does not reset. In other words, when next season rolls around and you’re at Prestige 3, your new goal is to hit Prestige 4-7 and Prestige Master again.
8. Anyone who joins in late can still reach the highest available Prestige Level and become a Prestige Master in any season – they just have to put in the time to catch up.
Source: Read Full Article